Two Ultimate Exercises for Burning Fat
If your goal is to be burn fat, be strong, and get fit, which it needs be, then the following two movements should be staples in your routine!
The relationship between a person and their burpee workout can be somewhat of a love/hate thing. They’re hard enough to make you cry and see your lunch from last week, but are so great for burning fat that you’ll shortly be smiling all the way into your skinny jeans for good!
- The high intensity of this exercise equates to anywhere between 1 – 1.6 calories burned during every rep!
- Requires no equipment: can be done in the comfort of your own home, a gym, or a hotel room for a business trip
- Will increase your cardiovascular and muscular strength plus your balance and coordination
Things to consider when doing burpees:
- They should not be done if you have any shoulder, knee, wrist, or elbow joint issues
- If you have not done them before, seek supervision on how to properly complete them
The thruster is another full body, compound movement that is outstanding for burning fat and building functional strength. It combines a squat and an overhead press, which uses more than 15 muscles per repetition. Add this to your repertoire and you’re on your way to an impressive physique.
- Can be done with soup cans, dumbbells, kettlebells, a medicine ball, or a barbell
- Is a low impact movement that doesn’t require you to jump and add force to the knee joints
- Can be done with lower weight and higher reps for cardiovascular benefits, or higher weight and lower reps for building great strength
- Can burn up to 15 calories per repetition! Take that belly fat!
Things to consider when doing thrusters:
- Form is paramount here because it requires a great deal of core stability and proper alignment make sure that you have proper guidance from a professional.
- Start with lighter weight so you can get a feel for the movement
Whenever burning fat is the main goal of your exercise routine, make sure that you keep great form for each movement and keep the intensity up! Try throwing the following circuit including these two great exercises into your weekly routine to burn upwards of 300 calories in less than 20 minutes:
12 – 1 Reverse Pyramid: Do 12 reps of burpees, jumping jacks, and dumbbell thrusters. Then 11 reps, then 10 reps, and so on until you complete one rep of each exercise. Then you’re done! You might be drenched in sweat now, but you’ll thank me later.